Even before I begin, I wonder
at the enormous task ahead of me
To take the myriad of thoughts that are circulating through my head
To articulate them through mere words.
Through black ink on white paper.
And I think back, to that seemingly impossible time
When I was but a budding stem, recently planted.
On ground that was new to me- a world in which I
Had not inhibited much before.
Because I arrived no more than a seed
And I leave, a flower in full bloom
Nurtured and tended to and now
Able to bring happiness to others.
When I first came, it was like landing on an unknown island
There was so much to grasp and understand
Different methods. Different theories. Different philosophies.
Different people. Different surroundings. Different mentalities.
Different expectations. Different reactions. Different knowledge.
And different understanding.
I was young, but more so, I was naive
And yes, clueless
Responsibility and maturity had never needed
To be a part of my makeup.
With the little experience I had, I set a trembling foot on the fresh soil.
I could have drowned in the newness of it all.
It's a wander I didn't. Or not.
Because when I remember the gentle hands that guided my growth
The tenderness in my nurture
The hope in my success
The surety that I would eventually flower
All wonder ceases.
The guidance exhibited by Esty. The exemplary methods used by Cat.
The trust shown by Helen. The friendship extended by Lilach.
The kindness emitted by Nelani. The understanding felt by Raizel.
The care given over by Menakshee. The respect and comrade experienced by Berit.
And of course, the companionship that came with Sorale, Chaya, Naomi and Sheina.
Chai Preschool changed my life. Sometimes I think
What did I do to deserve such a life learning experience?
What are my merits that I received the chance to meet
and grow and draw lasting values from
such a special place and from
So many amazing people?
You've influenced my past
By enabling me to learn
from my mistakes.
You've influenced my present, every second of the day I spent in your environment.
And, by far the most important
You influenced my future
And the future of anyone else I will ever come into
Contact with.
So are there words to convey such enormous
Gratitude?
I don't know.
I do know that for
The rest of my life
I will never forget those who played the part in
Nurturing and caring for a small bud, so that
It would blossom into a beautiful flower.
And I hope that this flower
Will continue to inspire and bring joy
To those around her throughout her future
Just as intrinsically as the ones that enabled
Her to become what she is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Blumie, this is beautiful. And so true for me too. I'm not looking forward to the task of putting my experience on paper. So much to say and so overwhelmed by it.
ReplyDeleteaw thanks for becoming a follower! yeh it was real painful... :((((
ReplyDelete